GET OUT THE PASTA
YUMMY FUN FOR KIDS TO HELP WITH!
Who knew that sticking raw spaghetti through a hot dog could result in a fun-to-eat kid-friendly dinner idea!
All you need for this fun spaghetti recipe are hot dogs and spaghetti. I like to use whole wheat spaghetti and kielbasa sausage instead of hot dogs and add Cajun seasoning for an extra zing.WHAT DO I NEED?
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
8 bun-length hot dogs
1/2 lb. Spaghetti noodles
READY SET GO…
LET THE FUN BEGIN
Once you have your ingredients, boil a large pot of water and get ready to prep your hot dog noodle bites.
This is the part that kids love!
After you’ve sliced your bun-length hot dogs into quarters, let your kids stuff them with the dry, uncooked noodles. We usually use 5 noodles per hot dog piece, but you can add more for a bigger portion.EASY PEASY STUFF
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to boil on the stove.
- While the water is boiling, cut each hot dog into four even pieces.
- Thread 5 uncooked spaghetti noodles into each hot dog piece until the hot dogs are in the middle of the noodles.
- Place the hot dog spaghetti skewers in the pot of boiling water and let cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Once fully cooked, remove from heat and add butter, sauce, or seasonings if desired. Gobble up and enjoy!
TIME TO EAT UP
When you need a quick and filling dinner idea for the whole family, you really can’t go wrong with an easy one-pot meal like this!
You can vary it more to add sauces, cheese, veggies etc